Rainforest Oil is a blend of sweet Macadamia Oil with the strong citral Lemon Myrtle Oil and a dash of the pungent ginger oil.
The blend makes a most refreshing tasting oil suitable for chicken, fish and Asian style cooking. It gives an uplifting touch to salads or just drizzled over cooked vegetables.
- A little bit goes a long way so use sparingly. Can be used anywhere you desire a lemon and ginger flavour. Massage a little on fish, chicken or pork ½ hour before cooking. It will add flavour and keep the meat moist.
- Tuna Salad: 1 can tuna chunks (425g), 2 tbs mayonnaise, 2 tsp rainforest blend, ½ onion chopped, 3 tsp capers chopped. Mix together and serve.
- Gold Medal Winner 2017 Sydney Royal Fine Food
- Silver Medal Winner 2006 Sydney Royal Fine Food
- 2009 Royal Melbourne Fine Food Bronze Winner
- 2007 & 2008 Sydney Royal Fine Food
- 2008 Mudgee Fine Food
Macadamia nut oil is a healthy alternative to other food oils with its high levels of monounsaturates (80-85%), no cholesterol and with signiﬁcant levels of natural antioxidants.
Macadamia oil tolerates high temperatures with a smoke point at 200° – 210° C and a flash point at 252° C. so is perfect for shallow frying and it can be used as a tasty alternative to other oil in baking.
Oz Tukka macadamia nut oil is cold pressed with no further reﬁning processes.
Ingredients: Cold-pressed macadamia oil, Lemon Myrtle extract and ginger extract.